Welcome!



My name is Alice, and I’m a sophomore psychology major at the University of Maryland. In this blog, I ruminate over the various things I see... and lately, I've been seeing some really strange things happening.

I can't figure it out -- it's not just me, is it?

My blog posts are private and require a password because I don’t want just anyone seeing my thoughts... you'll have to take a walk in my shoes first and decode a few riddles to get access.

Scroll down for the Start Guide.

About

The Glitch Project is a mobile media fiction narrative developed by Katherine Chen, Phillip Chow, Yasmin Kadry, Vicky Lai, and Kelsey Marotta, students of Dr. Jason Farman at the University of Maryland, College Park.

Through the project, readers will walk through five geocaches located through the university campus. In total, the walk itself takes a minimum of 30 minutes, although it is suggested that at least an hour is set aside to fully experience all portions of the project. While walking from site to site, users have the option to listen to a recording of each of Alice's blog posts, presenting a degree of immersion to the experience.

In each geocache is located an entry from Alice's journal, which will contain coordinates for the next geocache. Also inside is a riddle for unlocking the corresponding digital blog post, as well as its corresponding audio, which readers will solve using site-specific information.

Readers begin with a starting set of coordinates for the first geocache. Additional instructions and hints for the riddles can be found in the Hints section.

Keep your eyes open... and enjoy the story!

The creators of this project may be contacted at theglitchprojectDCC@gmail.com.